The Cultural Council of the University of Delhi was established in 1989 with the following objectives: to discover, develop, train and promote sociocultural talents and interests among the students and staff of the University of Delhi.
The cultural Council, established by the EC vide resolution 186 of 25th March 1989, has a number of Programs and projects such as:
- The University Choir
- Musiclub: Western and Indian Folk Light and Classical genres.
- Cineclub: Film appreciation Programs
- Poet Guild: English, Hindi, Urdu & Regional languages
- Creative Writers Forum
- Public Speaking Society: Debates, Declamation and Extempore Speech
- Artclub: Fine arts, painting, sketching and cartooning
- Federation of Theatre groups
- Dance Ensemble/ The Choreographers
The club and societies are run by students lectures and readers with the guidance and support of Staff Advisers drawn from the departments and colleges and under the overall executive control of the "Dean Cultural Affairs, DCA".
All students contribute in each academic session. Further details can be had from, the Culture Council, Old Jubilee Hall, Delhi University, Delhi-110007.