Dr. Kamna SrivastavaAssistant Professor (On Adhoc Basis)
Molecular Cardiology Lab
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Kamna_srivastava@hotmail.com
Dr. KAMNA SRIVASTAVA did her B. Pharm, M. Pharm and Ph.D. from Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University. She has worked at the National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi as Pool-officer (CSIR) and subsequently as posdoc at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Understanding the molecular mechanism of hypertension and coronary artery diseases.
- To study the gene disease association in essential hypertension and coronary artery disease.
- To study the Gene expression and role of free radical homeostasis in cardiovascular diseases.
- Role of circulating micro RNA in the pathogenesis of coronary artery diseases”.
- To study the toxicity profile of drug substances.
- Project entitled "Role of Angiotensiongen (M235T) gene and Angiotensin-converting enzyme ACE (I/D) gene polymorphisms on blood pressure control with ACE inhibitors in north Indian subjects with essential hypertension” [ 2009-2012] funded by Department of Science and Technology, India.
- Project entitled “Role of Heat Shock Protein 70 gene polymorphisms, expression in whole blood and their correlation with plasma inflammatory markers in North Indian subjects with essential hypertension” [2012-2015] funded by Department of Science and Technology, India.
- *Kamna Srivastava, Sudhir Chandra, Jagriti Bhatia, Rajiv Narang, Daman Saluja (2012) Association of Angiotensinogen (M235T) gene polymorphism with Blood pressure lowering response to Angiotensin Converting Enzyme inhibitor (Enalapril). Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol.15(3)399-406.
- *Kamna Srivastava, Indhumathi Narayanan, Sudhir Chandra, Rajiv Narang, Jagriti Bhatia, Daman Saluja (2012) Role of E-Selectin (Ser128Arg) gene polymorphism in patients with essential hypertension in Asian Indians. Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol.5(2)880-882.
- N Siddiqui, W Ahsan, K Srivastava (2012). Design, synthesis and anticonvulsant evaluation of pyridinyl-pyrrolidones: A pharmacophore hybrid approach. Arch. Pharm. Chem. Life Sci, Vol. 345(3):185-94.
- *Kamna Srivastava, Rajiv Narang, Jagriti Bhatia, Daman Saluja (2012) “Association of angiotensin converting enzyme ACE (I/D) gene polymorphism with essential hypertension in northern Indian subjects". Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, Vol.16(3)174-177.
- N Siddiqui, W Ahsan, K Srivastava (2011). Anticonvulsant activity of a combined pharmacophore of pyrazolo-pyridines with lesser toxicity in mice. Bulletin of Korean chemical society, Vol. 32(2)576-582.
- P. Goel, K. Srivastava, N. Das, and V. Bhatnagar (2010) The role of nitric oxide in portal hypertension caused by extrahepatic portal vein obstruction. Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons, Vol. 15(4)117–121.
- S Arora, N Das, K Srivastava*(2009) Nitric oxide and eNOS gene in Essential hypertension International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine & Public Health, Vol 1(2)56-71.
- K Srivastava, R Narang, V.Sreenivas, S Das , N Das. (2008) Association of eNOS Glu298Asp gene polymorphism with essential hypertension in Asian Indians. Clinica chimica acta, Vol. 387(1-2)80-83.
- *Kamna Srivastava, Rajeev Narang, V Sreenivas, Nibhriti Das (2012) Endothelial nitric oxide synthase genes (Intron 4a/b and T786C) polymorphisms in coronary artery disease in north Indian subjects Journal of Pharmacy Research (In Press).
- *Kamna Srivastava, Sudhir Chandra, Rajiv Narang, Jagriti Bhatia, Daman Saluja (2012) Expression of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme gene in whole blood in patients with essential hypertension. Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System (In press).