Pratibha M. Luthra
Dr. Luthra work aspires to carry the synthesis of heterocyclic compounds and isolation of active principle from natural source for the development of potential therapeutic treatment for Parkinson's disease and brain cancer particularly Glioblastoma Multiforme using animal models, and microbial infections using in vitro assays. High Through Put Screening (In silico) is carried for defining the pharmacophore. I am also working on biochemical studies to unravel the mysteries of these diseases for novel targets.Ongoing Projects:
- Synthesis of ar-turmerone and its analogues to study the mechanism of action of anti-fungal activity and Study the Molecular Mechanism of Chemopreventive and Chemoprotective Activity of Curcumin, A Natural Product From Curcuma longa (DST-PURSE), 2009-2012.
- Synthesis of novel non-xanthine compounds as adenosine A2A receptor antagonists to study their anti-Parkinsonian and neuro-protecting effects (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research) 2010-2013.
- Establishment of High Resolution NMR(400 MHZ) Central Facilty for Biomedical Research Department of Science and Technology, 2008-2013.
- A convenient method to synthesize N [3 H ]methyl-N-nitrosocarbamate transfer reagents. Pratibha Mehta, T. Konakahara and B. Gold; Journal of Labeled Comp. and Radiopharm. 31 (11), 925-931,1992.
- Groove and sequence selective alkylation of DNA by sulfonate esters tethered to Lexitropsins, Y.Yhang, Fa-Xian, Pratibha Mehta and B. Gold, Biochemistry, 32 7954-7965, 1993.
- The design of agents to control DNA methylaton adducts. Enhanced major groove methylation of DNA by an N-methyl-N-nitrosoureas functionalised phenylneutral red intercalator. Pratibha Mehta, K. Church, J. Williams F-X Chen, L. Encell, D. E. G. Shuker and B. Gold; Chemical Res. Toxicol, 9(6) 939-948, 1996.
- Inhibitors of Tripeptidyl peptidase II. 2. Generation of first novel lead inhibitor of cholecystokinin-8-inactvating peptidase: a strategy for the design of peptidase inhibitors. C. R. Ganellin, P. B. Bishop, R.B. Bambal, S. M. T. Chan, J. K. Law, B. Marabout, Pratibha Mehta Luthra, A. N. J. Moore, O. Peschard,
P. Bourgeat, C. Rose, F. Vargas and J-C Schwartz, J. Med. Chem., 43, 664-674, 2000.
- Antagonism of haloperidol-induced swim impairment in L-dopa and caffeine treated mice: a pre-clinical model to study Parkinson's disease. Pratibha Mehta Luthra, SK Barodia, and R Raghubir J Neurosci Methods, 178(2): 284-90, 2009.
- Demethoxycurcumin induces Bcl-2 mediated G2/M arrest and apoptosis in human glioma U87 cells. Pratibha Mehta Luthra, R Kumar, and A Prakash Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 384(4): 420-5,2009.
- In silico study of naphtha [1, 2-d] thiazol-2-amine with adenosine A2A receptor and its role in antagonism of haloperidol-induced motor impairments in mice. 1. Pratibha Mehta Luthra, Amresh Prakash, Sandeep Kumar Barodia, Rita Kumari Chandra Bhushan Mishra, J. B. Senthil Kumar. Neuroscience Letters, 463, 215-218, 2009.
- Synthesis of novel 7-imino-2-thioxo-3, 7-dihydro-2H-thiazolo [4, 5-d] pyrimidine derivatives as adenosine A2A receptor antagonists. Pratibha Mehta Luthra, Chandra Bhushan Mishra, Pawan Kumar Jha, Sandeep Kumar Barodia; Bioorg Med Chem Lett.; 20(3): 1214-8, 2010.
- Novel 8-(furan-2-yl)-3-substituted thiazolo [5, 4-e][1, 2, 4] triazolo[1, 5-c] pyrimidine-2(3H)-thione derivatives as potential adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonists. CB Mishra, SK Barodia, A Prakash, JB Senthil Kumar, and PM Luthra Bioorg Med Chem, 18(7): 2491-500, 2010.
- High-performance liquid chromatography separation of enantiomers of mandelic acid and its analogs on a chiral stationary phase. R Aneja, PM Luthra, and S Ahuja Chirality, 22(5): 479-85, 2010.